Saturday, September 8, 2012

Home Style Quiz

Yesterday I was browsing Pinterest and came across a HomeGoods Style Quiz.  We're not allowed to paint the walls in our apartment but I like to sit and daydream about what colors I would use if I was allowed.

I have always liked the more neutral/warm wall colors: brown, grey, blue, etc.  When I walk into a home I want to feel instantly soothed, not smacked across the face with some loud wall color.  With a more neutral background you can find that unique accent rug or colorful throw pillow to bring color into the room.  Plus, you can switch them out easily if you decide you want new colors.  It's much easier to find new curtains or pillows instead of painting a wall!

When I took the Style Quiz I found out what I already knew: I like earthy colors.  I think the name they used was Earthy Casual.

"You're interested in creating a welcoming home where people feel comfortable and happiness flourishes. You appreciate the warmth and individuality of natural materials and handcrafted things and are inspired by colors and forms from nature. You love mixing up different textures and are sensitive to the tactile qualities of objects. Your style is grounded and solid, not flighty or frilly. And you are never taken in by the trend of the moment.
You value comfort. Your home is a warm and open friendly place, and you feel happiest when everyone is cared for and relaxed in your space. Elements like pillows, throws, overstuffed furniture, and good lighting set the mood. You may also enjoy layering different fabrics or mixing patterns to create a cozy effect."

Yep, that definitely sounds like me.  

What do you think?  Do you know what your style is?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Soothed ... not smacked across the face. I like that one :)

    I got Country Casual, John wouldn't take it, he said the answers are too girly. I think it fits. It gave me blues and purples for colors. I like blue, not so much the purple (our bathroom is lavender, not by our choice...). I'm a blues and greens kind of person, which is probably why our house has tan, soft yellow and light blue walls. Soft, natural colors.

    "COUNTRY CASUAL

    Your home expresses your open, easygoing approach to life. You love unique finds, and can turn a few mismatched garden chairs or floral teacups into a charming arrangement. You appreciate a pretty mix of relaxed pieces, like painted wood or weathered furniture, lovely florals and other patterns, lots of throws and pillows, mementos and bunches of fresh flowers that give your home a unique sense of breeziness and charm.

    You value order. You feel happiest if your home is well organized. You understand that when your house is in order, your mind feels clearer. Rather than a lot of meaningless objects or overly-designed items, you are happier with a few well-placed things. Your home is your respite from a busy life. Try to avoid letting things into your home that you don't really love."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the definition for Country Casual. Definitely fits you and fits where you live as well! Too bad it doesn't tell you if you are suited for more than one style. I think it would be interesting to find that out!

    Hmm...maybe I can get Chris to take the quiz. I never thought of doing that but it would be interesting to see if our styles matched up!

    ReplyDelete