Thursday, September 6, 2012

Photo Storage

My mom moved out of her house a few weeks ago and she gave Chris and I a ton of stuff.  I thought we didn't have room in our apartment before but now we really don't.  So please excuse me if I don't invite you over for dinner and drinks anytime soon.  The mess is slowly taking over and I just can't handle the idea of people seeing it this way right now!

One thing she gave me (that I am really excited about) was all of our family pictures.  They are in two huge bins, all categorized, but I am not able to store them in a friendly space-saving way.  I looked on Pinterest, Office Depot, Ikea, and Staples but did not find what I was looking for.

What did I want?
I wanted something that held a ton of pictures but was easy to store, and you could easily find what you were looking for.  Was that too much to hope for?  

At first the answer was yes.  I seriously thought I would never find anything.

Where did I find my solution?
The Container Store.
It's no surprise that this is now my favorite organization store.  As Sarah puts it, "it made me want boxes for my boxes."

What did I find?
12-Case Photo Storage Carrier



This little beauty is a 12-case photo storage carrier that can hold up to 1,000 4x6 photos.  You can buy either the 12-case ($32.99) or the 6-case ($19.99).  I opted for the bigger case because we have so many photos.

I only bought one (on sale!) to start out with because I wasn't sure how I'd like it.  But, since I love it I will be buying another one in the near future.





Why do I love it?
  1.  It's lightweight.  Even with photos in it I can easy move it wherever I want.
  2.  It's see-through so you can easily find what you are looking for.
  3.  It's versatile.  It's also a good way to store recipes!
  4.  Easy to label.  
  5.  Photos will be well preserved for a very long time.
  6.  They're stackable so they don't take up a lot of space (score!).   

In a matter of days I went from this:












To this:


Big difference, right?  And I still have another box sitting in my car that is filled to the top with photos. 




No comments:

Post a Comment