Thursday, November 1, 2012

Favorite Fall Recipes

The weather finally seems to have evened out and has been consistently cooler over the past few days.  Cold fall weather always makes me want to curl up on the couch in my jammies with a bowl of whatever warm and comforting meal I cooked in my crockpot that day.  That is my ideal fall day.    

My favorite thing about cooking in the crockpot is that it usually takes about ten minutes of prep time and then I can just let it cook all day without having to lift a finger!  Ahh...perfection!

Here are my top five Fall Recipes:

1.  Pulled Pork!  I use the recipe on the back of the slow cooker seasoning packet you get at the grocery store.  It's delicious!
2.  Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili!  A friend turned me onto this recipe and it has now become a staple in my household.  Chris hates chili but I would cook it for my sister all the time, put it over rice, and chow down to our hearts content.  Yum!
3.  Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup!  Who doesn't love soup on a cool fall day?  This is another recipe we make at least once a month.
4.  BBQ Ribs!  Yep, you read that right.  You can make BBQ Ribs in the crockpot!  This is a fairly new recipe that I've tried but Chris and I love it!  There was lots of basting involved during the last few hours of cooking but it paid off and the meat practically fell off the bone once it was done.
5.  Italian Roast!  I love roast recipes!  They're so easy to make and so delicious once they are done.  I can't find the recipe anywhere on line so here it is!
     Ingredients:
          - 4 to 6 lb. chuck roast
          - 1 packet ranch seasoning (buttermilk recipe)
          - 1 packet ground gravy mix
          - 1 packet zesty Italian mix
          - 1/2 cup water
     Directions:
          - Combine ranch, Italian dressing, brown gravy, and water in a separate bowl and mix together.  Pour over chuck roast in the crockpot.
          - Cover and cook on Low for 6-10 hours.

There it is!  My favorite five fall crockpot recipes.  Do you have any recipe staples in your home?  If so, share in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment