Monday, November 12, 2012

Giving Thanks: Part Three

I wasn't really sure what I was going to write about today.  I didn't want to give a generic thankful answer because I really wanted to go outside the box and come up with something new.  Of course I am thankful for my faith, family, and friends, but there had to be something else to write about.  Something that is unique to my life.  And then it came to me.

I am thankful to be a stay-at-home-wife.

From the day Chris and I were married I have been lucky enough to be labeled as such.  Not many people are able to have this opportunity, and not a lot of people want to have it.  I am part of very unique and small group of women who are able to do this.  Who want to do this.

I love staying at home during the day.  I love the freedom it gives me as well as the opportunities.  And I love that when Chris gets home I can be waiting for him at the door, with a home cooked meal on the table.  

Does that make me old fashioned?  Maybe it does to some people, but not to me.  I've always wanted to stay at home ever since I was a little girl.  My goal in life was not to be a powerful business woman, but a loving wife and mother.  And God has blessed me with the opportunity to be just that.  

I honestly believe that being a stay-at-home-wife is preparing me to be a stay-at-home-mom.  Not only am I able to establish a daily routine but I am also free to experiment to see what works best for my family.  And once Chris and I make the decision to start having children, I will be blessed with the time to prepare. 

It is so easy to forget that being able to stay at home is a blessing.  There are some days where I honestly don't feel like doing anything and get bored pretty easily.  But then I remember that I am allowed to have a time out and relax for a day.  My chores and experiments will always be there tomorrow.  

But, I cannot forget the real reason I am able to do what I want: My husband.  Without God blessing Chris with a job that is able to provide everything we need and more, I would not be able to stay at home.  
{And the best part is that Chris has a job that he loves, so the money is only an added bonus}   

No comments:

Post a Comment