Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Successful Shopping Day

I am by no means, an awesome clothes shopper.  In fact, I'm probably one of the only girls on the planet that hates shopping for clothes.  Let me rephrase that...I hate shopping for clothes for myself.  So when I got my birthday presents from my family (thanks you guys!), I knew I had to spend my gift cards (and cash) wisely and I knew that I was in desperate need of new winter clothes.  I mean, I have a few favorite sweaters that still fit and are in tact that were new when Chris and I started dating three and a half years ago.  Yea...that's kind of sad.

See, I would much rather spend money on things for the house.  Or on my crafting, reading, or movie watching obsessions.  I am not a happy shopping person.  That gene went to my youngest sister and I do not envy her at all.

However!  I decided to treat myself today.  Mostly because I only have about five sweaters in my closet and I knew they were not going to last me all winter.  But, the reason behind the shopping really doesn't matter.  What does matter is the fact that I went and I was successful.

I went to at least four different stores today.  That may not sound like a lot, but for a reluctant shopper like me it feels more like browsing in four hundred stores.  

I have been eyeing this outfit from American Eagle for some time now, but I was not willing to shell out $109.90 for two pieces.  That just wasn't going to happen.  So, I began to look for cheaper alternatives and was very lucky to find one at Old Navy.

The above dress was originally $38 online and not sold in stores.  I was really disappointed because (1) I didn't want to pay that much, and (2) the cheaper alternative wasn't going to ship out until December 22nd.  So, I ended up going to the store and was lucky enough to find that someone returned it in my size and preferred color!  I also got 50% off of the dress just in case something was wrong with it (there wasn't) which, in my opinion, was a complete steal!  (insert happy dance)  

I couldn't find a cute cardigan to go over the dress though, so I went over to Target to try to find something.  Unfortunately, my luck ran out over at Target and I couldn't find a cardigan I liked.  But...I was able to find an outfit similar to this one to buy:
 
I'm pretty darn excited!  I think I've got enough cardigans, sweaters, and long sleeve shirts to last me a while now.  And I can't wait until my two pairs of boots (I'm finally getting a pair of cowboy boots!  YeeeHaaaaw!!!) come in from Amazon next week.

I'm so thankful for the thoughtful gifts from my family.  They were put to good use, and I feel like I'll look really stylish this winter!

4 comments:

  1. I found a pair of gray slacks in the Clearance area just last night. Online return, so 50% off the online price. I really like that Old Navy does that. I also had a $20 off a purchase of $50 or more (so... if I spend $50 exactly, that's 40% off my purchase...) I walked out of there with two pairs of jeans and the gray slacks. Very happy camper. OH! And you'll like this, too... they make a lot of jeans out of that stretchy material (Rockstar) AND they have the different "waist/butt/thigh" cuts AND they come in short/reg/long. I think we're pretty much the same shape; you would probably be very happy with a size 4 short Sweet Heart style jean (I was a very comfortable 6, and I know you're smaller than me). ~Nichole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I spent $51.43 for those three items =) ~Nichole

      Delete
    2. I love Old Navy jeans (most of the time). The last pair of jeans I got stretch out too much after a few hours of wearing them and they start to wiggle off my hips a bit. I had a pair a few years ago that were my all-time favorite jeans. I wore them all of the time until I grew out of them. :-(

      Thanks for all the info! I'll definitely be shopping there again! :-)

      Delete
  2. I hate clothes shopping too! Lol. I love to shop for the house, for craft stuff, for organizing things, for baby stuff, for bargains ... clothing, meh. This is why most of my wardrobe is from thrift shops, if it looks great, it's a good day, if not, I'm only out a couple dollars. :)

    I was looking at that same dress on Old Navy (and a few others...) but they are just not worth the price. :/ Finding clothes is hard! You got so lucky finding that dress in the store!

    ReplyDelete