Monday, November 5, 2012

Pinterest Party Projects

I'm having a Pinterest Party!

Yep.  In a few weeks I'll have a few friends over to craft, eat food, and hang out.  I don't know about everyone else, but I am so excited to do this!  In fact, I'm so excited that I've already started making a few preparations that could technically be held off for another week or so (thank you OCD).

If you've never heard of a Pinterest Party before, let me fill you in on all the fun!

The point of the party is to get together and make a (reasonably priced) craft (or two) that you've found on Pinterest.  
At my party we're going to make wreaths!  You can either have your guests go out and buy their own supplies to bring with them, or the host can buy the supplies in advance and have each guest bring money to cover the cost.  This differs depending on whomever is throwing the party, but since everyone that is coming to my party has different styles I decided to have everyone get their own supplies.    

You can also have each guest bring a dish that they've found on Pinterest and have been dying to try (like a potluck!).
I've asked each of my friends to bring a different dish without being too specific (we could either end up with a lot of dessert or none at all!).  I've also asked that they print out directions for the recipe they've made, that way we can give it to someone else to take home if they like it.  OH!  And, if you have food allergies like I do, you can always specifically ask that no one brings a dish that you can't eat.  

That's about all a Pinterest Party entails.  Pretty simple, right?  I've also got a few surprises up my sleeve and will wait until after the party to share them with you!  I don't want to ruin it for the people who are coming.

So far, I've done a few things to get ready for the party that I'd like to share with you.

I'm not much of a e-vite person.  I love the old school charm of a handmade (or even a cute store bought) invitation.  There is just something so personal and sweet about someone taking time out of their day to write out a card to you.  That is why I decided to make my own Pinterest invites!

I wanted them to look as much like the Pinterest logo as I could, so I pulled out my cricut, plugged it in, and got to work.  Here is what I came up with:



I also made this super awesome printable using Photoshop.  I'm starting to get really good at just bs'ing my way through using it and making stuff look good.


And that is it for now!  Stay tuned for some more fun projects that I'll be starting for the party and check back in a few weeks to find out how it went!

As always, you can find the downloadable version of the above printable on my google site.  It will print up to an 8x10!

Happy crafting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment