Monday, November 5, 2012

Giving Thanks: Part Two

This is going to be such a great week.  I can't believe this crazy election season will all be over tomorrow night!  I know that I am not the only one tired of the constant political ads between my favorite shows, turning on the news and only hearing about what each candidate is doing, and reading countless posts on facebook about someone's personal political beliefs (yes, I'm guilty of that too).  I am counting down the hours until it's all over and we can all go back to our regular day-to-day activities.  I'm more excited about that than my actual birthday tomorrow!

I am so thankful that we live in a country where difference of opinions are a good thing.  Where voting in elected officials is not a luxury, but our duty as citizens.  Some of us take this for granted, we figure that our votes do not count or that we don't have to vote because someone else will.  But our voice does matter and what we think is important because we, as citizens, get to decide what kind of country we want to live in.  Not a lot of people in the world are as lucky as us.  We, as a nation, decide our fate.  How many people get to say that?  So, first and foremost, I am extremely thankful that I get to cast my vote tomorrow.
I am super excited to get a sticker tomorrow!
On a completely different note....

I also have to give a huge shout out to my husband who stayed up late last night teaching me the in's and outs of HTML.  Without him my blog would just be another blog on the internet, but now I'm finally learning how to personalize it and make it my own!  I still do not understand how to code but I am one lucky girl since my husband doesn't mind helping me out.
{Thanks babe!}  
It's still a work in progress as I figure out the do's and don'ts, what looks good and what doesn't, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.  So poke around and see what's new here.  I hope you like what you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment